Mariana Reyes Múnera
Baker & McKenzie S.A.S.
Mariana Reyes has three years of experience in international commercial arbitration, investor-state arbitration, and public international law. Before joining Baker McKenzie, she gained valuable experience working at Colombia's National Agency for the Legal Defense of the State as well as at Xtrategy LLP.
Mariana focuses on litigation, dispute resolution and international arbitration. Her work is mainly centered on the energy, mining and infrastructure sector. She has also worked in investment arbitration in the field state defense, participating in the defense of Colombia in cases such as Gas Natural Fenosa v. Colombia, Telefonica v. Colombia, and Eco Oro v. Colombia.
Mariana also has experience in human rights law, working for the rights of inmates in Colombia and in the submission of amicurs curiae before the Inter-American Court of Human Rights.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Young ICCA - Member, 2020
- Colombia (2021)
- Universidad de los Andes (Master's Degree in International Law) (2022)
- Universidad de los Andes (J.D.) (2020)
Publications & Events
- Co-author, "¿Las exigencias interpretativas de la Corte Constitucional sobre Trato Justo y Equitativo, Trato Nacional y Trato de Nación Más Favorecida tienen sentido en derecho internacional de las inversiones?", in Constitutionalism, and International Investment Law (translated), publication pending.
- Co-author, "The Technology Disputes Law Review - Colombia", 2021, The Law Reviews.
Baker & McKenzie S.A.S., is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein