Juan José Reyes is a qualified lawyer graduated from Universidad de los Andes with a minor degree in business administration, an advanced degree in commercial law and an MBA studied in Madrid, Spain. Juan José has worked for four years at Baker McKenzie in the following areas of practice: mergers & acquisitions, company´s law and reorganizations and data privacy. Before joining Baker McKenzie, Juan José used to work at Banco Davivienda.
As part of the company´s law / reorganizations practice and mergers & acquisitions team, Juan José has advised clients on matters related with foreign investment and has participated in some of Colombia´s largest transactions related with sectors such as agroindustry and tourism. In addition, Juan José has also advised technology and pharmaceutical companies on compliance with applicable laws regarding data privacy and e-commerce.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Terranum on the acquisition of Decameron.
- Advised Yara on the acquisition of Abocol.
- Advised Intel on the implementation of its reorganization related with the acquisition of McAfee.
- Universidad de Los Andes (Advanced Degree in Commercial law) (2013)
- Universidad de Los Andes (Law School and Minor Degree in Business Administration) (2012)
- Author, "Análisis de las posiciones de algunos países en desarrollo de las negociaciones sobre la enmienda de la prohibición al convenio de Basilea", Revista de Derecho Público de la Universidad de los Andes, December 2012