Dr. Respess has experience in all areas of antitrust, including the competitive analysis of mergers and acquisitions, price fixing and conspiracy, and monopolistic practices. In prior positions at the Federal Trade Commission, Dr. Respess developed considerable expertise in the financial analysis of merger efficiency claims and other anticompetitive practices. He has worked as economic expert and served as a trial attorney in merger litigation matters. With his background and experience as attorney, economist and accountant, Dr. Respess brings a multidimensional element to Baker McKenzie’s Antitrust practice.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Economic Association
- American Bar Association, Antitrust Section
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Certified Public Accountant~United States (2019)
- District of Columbia~United States (1992)
- Virginia~United States (1991)
- George Mason University (J.D.) (1991)
- Rice University (Ph.D. Economics) (1982)
- Georgia Institute of Technology (B.S.) (1975)
Baker & McKenzie Consulting LLC provides tax advisory and economic services and does not provide legal advice or services. Baker & McKenzie Consulting LLC is a subsidiary of Baker & McKenzie LLP, a member firm of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein of member law firms around the world.