Patrick Renckly is a partner in the Houston office’s Tax Practice Group. Prior to joining Baker McKenzie, he previously worked at a large public accounting firm where he handled a variety of international tax and global restructuring work for multinational companies, particularly in the energy sector. Patrick has twice been named a Top Lawyer by Houstonia Magazine (2019 and 2020).
Patrick advises multinational clients on a variety of federal income tax law matters, including international tax planning, debt and equity offerings for both domestic and foreign issuers, mergers and acquisitions, and global restructurings, and is a regular presenter on these topics. He has a broad range of experience in all areas of federal income tax law, with particular focus on the energy industry and international tax planning.
- U.S. Tax Court~United States (2016)
- Texas~United States (2014)
- Pennsylvania~United States (2009)
- New York University School of Law (LL.M. Taxation) (2010)
- American University, Washington College of Law (J.D., cum laude) (2009)
- Bucknell University (B.A. International Relations and Russian) (2005)
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership organized under the laws of the State of Illinois (USA) and is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.