Duncan is a partner in the IT/Commercial Department of Baker McKenzie’s London office. He joined Baker McKenzie in 1994 and became a partner in 2002.
Duncan is ranked as a leading commercial contracts lawyer by both the Legal 500 and Chambers UK directories, with Chambers reporting that clients praise his ability to "tease out the issues in a project and make practical and commercial suggestions for their resolution. He has a non-confrontational approach which assists relationship building" (Chambers 2016).
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising Arqiva on their agreement for provision of communications services for the UK Smart Meter Roll-Out for the Department of Energy and Climate Change.
- Advising Arqiva on their agreements with the BBC and the other UK broadcasters for digital terrestrial TV (as part of the UK's Digital Switchover); and also on their agreement with the BBC for all UK radio broadcasting services.
- Advising a number of financial institutions on IT and business process procurements - including Lloyds Banking Group, Bank of America and ING Bank.
- Advising Unilever on supply and distribution arrangements in connection with their purchase of the Camay brand from Procter and Gamble and in connection with their disposal of the Ades brand to Coca Cola Femsa.
- Advising AbbVie and Biogen Idec on procurement and distribution arrangements.
- Advising CSL on the supply and distribution arrangements in connection with their acquisition of Novartis' influenza vaccine business.
- Advising Carlsberg and Alfa Laval on a wide range of procurement and contractual matters.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of England and Wales - Member
- City of London Law Society, Commercial Law Committee - Member
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (1996)
- Birmingham University (Master's Degree Social Sciences) (1991)
- Oxford University (Hertford College) (B.A.) (1990)