Ira Reid is a partner in the Financial Restructuring/Creditor's Rights/Bankruptcy Practice Group. Mr. Reid advises clients on a broad range of creditor's rights and bankruptcy issues including potential implications of corporate, credit derivative, securitization and structured finance transactions, and counsels companies experiencing financial difficulty with respect to restructuring and bankruptcy strategies. He prosecutes, defends and mediates preference and fraudulent transfer actions, as well as other commercial disputes relating to creditors' rights and financial restructuring.
Mr. Reid concentrates his practice in national and international workouts, chapter 11 reorganizations and liquidations, derivatives transactions and dispute resolution, structured finance, chapter 15/cross-border restructurings and mediation. He represents a range of secured and unsecured bank, non-bank financial institutions, hedge funds, trade, bondholder, insurance company and other institutional creditors, creditors’ committees, indenture trustees, chapter 11 debtors, trustees, purchasers of stock and assets of distressed companies, landlords, tenants, SIPC trustees, securities broker/dealers and customers, and other parties in interest in business bankruptcy cases and out of court restructurings throughout the country and internationally.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- NYC Bar Association - Chair of the Derivatives Subcommittee of the Committee on Bankruptcy and Corporate Reorganizations
- Association of the Bar of the City of New York - Chair, Structured Finance Committee
- New York State Bar Association
- INSOL International
- Barry Zaretsky Bankruptcy Roundtable at Brooklyn Law School - Steering Committee
- American Bankruptcy Institute - Member, Mediation Committee
- American Bankruptcy Institute/St. John's University Bankruptcy Mediation Program - Certificate of Completion
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York~United States (1988)
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York~United States (1988)
- New York~United States (1988)
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of New York~United States (1988)
- Brooklyn Law School (J.D. cum laude) (1987)
- New York University (M.P.A.) (1979)
- City College of New York (B.A.) (1973)
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership organized under the laws of the State of Illinois (USA) and is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.