Natalie represents lenders and corporates in financing transactions and the delivery of financial products and services worldwide. She represents owners/developers in project development, concentrating in the power (conventional, wind and solar), and oil and gas industries. Within oil and gas, she focuses on midstream (pipelines, processing) and downstream and shipping, with particular experience in LNG, GTL, LPG and other liquids. She has experience handling the entire life cycle of projects, including new country entry, development of legal regimes, project strategy and structuring, oil & gas supply, transportation and storage, front end engineering & design (FEED), engineering, procurement & construction (EPC), and claims/dispute resolution. Natalie’s areas of concentration include project finance; credit facilities; trade finance; supply chain finance; energy commodity contracts including NAESB, EEI and ISDA; EPC contracts; LNG SPAs and other commodity purchase and sale agreements; terminal use agreements; operation and maintenance agreements; shipping and maritime agreements; and related matters.
Natalie has worked with governmental units, project sponsors, shareholders, investment bankers, credit rating agencies, commercial bankers, and corporate trustees. Prior to joining the Firm, she was senior counsel supporting Chevron Global Technology Services Company, which provided services to the USD 15 billion Angola LNG Project, the largest project in Sub-Saharan African history. The project was developed by Chevron, Sonangol, BP, ENI and Total. Prior to joining Angola LNG, she was in private practice with AMLAW 100 firms and worked as an energy investment banker. She studied at Kyushu University in Fukuoka, Japan, and has strong experience dealing with matters in Asia Pacific.
Representative Legal Matters
Representative M&A matters
- Represented a publicly-traded major US power company in numerous sales and acquisitions of power projects, including negotiation and sale of a 360 MW gas-fired peaking power plant to a utility in the Southeast US, and negotiation and sale of an undivided minority ownership interest in two gas-fired combined cycle merchant power plants in the Northeast US.
- Represented public Australian LNG services company in acquisition of a US-based LNG services provider.
- Represented wind company in acquisition of cash equity interests in the tax equity portfolio of 7 wind farms (4 operating farms and 3 in the final stages of development).
- Represented midstream company in the purchase of the midstream gathering system and associated infrastructure from a publicly-traded company, which included crude oil, natural gas, and water infrastructure.
- Represented consortium in the development of a wind power project with net export capacity of 60MW + 10% in Indonesia.
Representative financing matters
- Represented a US electric utility in obtaining three credit facilities totaling USD 250 million from various lenders and financial institutions in connection with a refinancing of the utility’s existing debt.
- Represented a wind power company in a USD 109 million Overseas Private Investment Corporation project financing for the development of a wind power project with net export capacity of 60MW + 10% in Indonesia.
- Represented an international bank in its first-ever structured finance transaction in connection with credit extensions used to purchase maquiladora equipment located in Juarez, Mexico.
- Represented one of China’s largest banks in a syndicated USD 600 million pre-export credit facility involving The Export-Import Bank of China for the financing of a leading mining company in Asia Pacific.
- Represented The Export-Import Bank of India in connection with the tax equity financing of a 500 MW wind energy project in the United States.
- Energy Transactions: Oil and Gas, Legal 500, 2016
- Energy Transactions: Conventional Power, Legal 500, 2016
- Energy Transactions, Legal 500, 2015
- Houston Business Journal's List of Who's Who in Energy in Houston, 2014
- Award for Dedication, Excellent Research and Commitment to Power Africa, Energy & Corporate Africa, 2014
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Series 7 license~United States (2005)
- Institute for Energy Law (IEL) - Advisory Board Member
- Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation – Member
- American Arbitration Association, International Centre for Dispute Resolution - Advisory Board Member
- State Bar of New York - Member
- State Bar of Texas - Member
- New York~United States (2016)
- Texas~United States (2002)
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas~United States (2002)
- University of Texas School of Law (J.D.) (2002)
- University of Washington (B.A. Economics) (1996)
- Kyushu University, Japan (Japanese Ministry of Education Scholarship) (1993)