Natalie represents lenders and corporates in financing transactions and the delivery of financial products and services worldwide. She represents owners/developers in project development, concentrating in the power (conventional, wind and solar), and oil and gas industries. Within oil and gas, she focuses on midstream (pipelines, processing) and downstream and shipping, with particular experience in LNG, GTL, LPG and other liquids. She has experience handling the entire life cycle of projects, including new country entry, development of legal regimes, project strategy and structuring, oil & gas supply, transportation and storage, front end engineering & design (FEED), engineering, procurement & construction (EPC), and claims/dispute resolution. Natalie’s areas of concentration include project finance; credit facilities; trade finance; supply chain finance; energy commodity contracts including NAESB, EEI and ISDA; EPC contracts; LNG SPAs and other commodity purchase and sale agreements; terminal use agreements; operation and maintenance agreements; shipping and maritime agreements; and related matters.
Natalie has worked with governmental units, project sponsors, shareholders, investment bankers, credit rating agencies, commercial bankers, and corporate trustees. Prior to joining the Firm, she was senior counsel supporting Chevron Global Technology Services Company, which provided services to the USD 15 billion Angola LNG Project, the largest project in Sub-Saharan African history. The project was developed by Chevron, Sonangol, BP, ENI and Total. Prior to joining Angola LNG, she was in private practice with AMLAW 100 firms and worked as an energy investment banker. She studied at Kyushu University in Fukuoka, Japan, and has strong experience dealing with matters in Asia Pacific.
Representative Legal Matters
Representative development matters
- Represented a US independent power producer in negotiation of the build-own-transfer sale of a USD 261 million 360 MW gas-fired peaking power plant to a utility in the Southeast United States, together with all development aspects of the procurement of equipment and construction of the facility.
- Represented a major Brazilian oil and gas conglomerate in various procurement, services, and construction contracts related to offshore oil and gas exploration.
- Represented a US independent power producer in the negotiation and sale of two natural gas-fired combined-cycle electric generation facilities located in PJM to a US utility company in the Northeast United States.
- Represented a US independent power producer on its USD 400 million engineering, procurement and construction contract and related contracts for the construction of a 760-megawatt, dual-fueled, combined-cycle electric generating facility in PJM.
- Represented equity investors, offtakers and resellers on various greenfield LNG export projects in the United States, including in the upstream, midstream and trading activities of the equity investors.
- Advised foreign sovereign wealth funds and national oil companies on all aspects of LNG projects.
Representative pipeline and transportation matters
- Represented one of the largest pipeline companies in the world in drafting its pipeline construction template for use as the company form.
- Represented a midstream company on a construction management agreement (EPCM) to construct an interstate crude oil common carrier pipeline system, including all facilities and appurtenances associated therewith such as pump stations, tankage, and measurement equipment at the pipeline origination points and the termination point.
- Represented a midstream company on a pipeline operations & maintenance agreement for a crude oil pipeline system, and related corporate entity agreement.
- Represented various midstream companies on multiple firm transportation agreements.
- Energy Transactions: Oil and Gas, Legal 500, 2016
- Energy Transactions: Conventional Power, Legal 500, 2016
- Energy Transactions, Legal 500, 2015
- Houston Business Journal's List of Who's Who in Energy in Houston, 2014
- Award for Dedication, Excellent Research and Commitment to Power Africa, Energy & Corporate Africa, 2014
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Series 7 license~United States (2005)
- Institute for Energy Law (IEL) - Advisory Board Member
- Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation – Member
- American Arbitration Association, International Centre for Dispute Resolution - Advisory Board Member
- State Bar of New York - Member
- State Bar of Texas - Member
- New York~United States (2016)
- Texas~United States (2002)
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas~United States (2002)
- University of Texas School of Law (J.D.) (2002)
- University of Washington (B.A. Economics) (1996)
- Kyushu University, Japan (Japanese Ministry of Education Scholarship) (1993)