Baker & McKenzie Limited Attorneys at Law
Manu Rakwattanakul joined Baker McKenzie in 1997 and became a partner in 2001. He practices mainly in the areas of litigation and dispute resolution.
Mr. Rakwattanakul represents clients in claims for damages, intellectual property enforcement, insurance disputes, as well as enforcement of debts and security. His wide client base includes local and international banks, financial institutions, trading companies, movie production houses and multinational corporations.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acted for leading construction companies in relation to claims for damages resulting from breaches of contract and unpaid remuneration.
- Acted for banks and financial institutions in disputes related to international transactions and the enforcement of debts and security.
- Represented insurance and shipping companies in disputes related to marine insurance, international trade, letters of credit and other maritime laws.
- Advised leading software, equipment, drug, food, magazine and footwear companies in numerous litigation matters regarding patents, trademarks and copyrights.
- Represented a leading Japanese production house in copyright, trademark and trade name disputes regarding its world-famous superhero characters.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Thai Bar Association
- Law Society of Thailand
- Thailand (1985)
- University of Southampton (LL.M.) (1997)
- Chulalongkorn University (LL.M.) (1994)
- Thammasat University (LL.B.) (1985)
Baker & McKenzie Ltd. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.