Brandon Rainey is a senior litigation associate in Baker McKenzie’s San Francisco office. His practice focuses on high-value business disputes, class action defense and complex insurance coverage matters. Prior to joining Baker McKenzie in March 2018, Brandon was a senior associate at another premier global law firm. He has been repeatedly selected as a “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers (awarded to the top 2.5% of young attorneys in California) and serves as a State Bar appointee on the Board of Directors of the California Young Lawyers Association.
Brandon handles complex business disputes for large corporate clients in the financial, technological and risk industries. His successes in those matters have largely been the product of strong client relationships, thoughtful and creative legal analyses, thorough preparation (including extensive deposition and expert discovery experience) and his ability to present the themes, legal principles and evidence of a case in a compelling manner in writing (particularly dispositive motions), at trial and on appeal.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Board of Directors of the California Young Lawyers Association - Chairman of Governance Committee
- Litigation Section of the California Bar Association - Member
- California~United States
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit~United States
- U.S. District Court, Central District of Illinois~United States
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California~United States
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California~United States
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California~United States
- University of Notre Dame Law School (JD) (2010)
- University of California, Los Angeles (BA) (2007)
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership organized under the laws of the State of Illinois (USA) and is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.