Goli Rahimi is an associate in Baker McKenzie’s Chicago Office and a member of the Firm’s Global Employment and Labor Law group which focuses on international employment matters. Goli is co-chair of the Chicago Office Diversity and Inclusion Committee. Prior to joining the Firm, Goli worked as a labor and employment litigator at another law firm, and externed for the Illinois Attorney General’s Office Disability Rights Bureau.
Goli counsels clients on domestic and international employment matters, including due diligence and cross-border advice for domestic and global transactions, including mergers, acquisitions, spin-offs, reorganizations and post-acquisition integration. She also advises clients on matters involving discrimination, restrictive covenants, cost-cutting measures, and wage and hour compliance.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Ecolab Inc. on its acquisition of Purolite, a provider of high-end ion exchange resins for separation and purification solutions.
- Advised NielsenIQ on its acquisition of Label Insight, a trusted source of product attribute data and the largest product metadata platform globally.
- Advised Chr. Hansen Holding A/S on its acquisition of UAS Laboratories LLC, a B2B company specializing in clinically-documented probiotics.
- Advised Infor on its USD 2.7 billion sale of its enterprise asset management division to Hexagon AB.
- Advised Dun & Bradstreet on its acquisition of Eyeota, a leading global data onboarding and audience intelligence company.
- Rising Star, Illinois Super Lawyers, 2019-2023
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity Pathfinder Program, 2021
Professional Associations and Memberships
- The Chicago Committee
- The Coalition of Women’s Initiatives in Law
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Arkansas~United States
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado~United States
- Illinois~United States (2014)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois~United States
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Illinois~United States
- U.S. District Court, Central District of Illinois~United States
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana~United States
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana~United States
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit~United States
- DePaul University College of Law (J.D.,, magna cum laude and Order of the Coif) (2014)
- University of Michigan (B.A. Playwriting, (with High Distinction)) (2009)
Publications & Presentations
- Co-author, This Valentine’s Day Embrace 5 Strategies to Show Employees Some Love in a Competitive Talent Market, The Employer Report, 14 February 2022
- Co-author, Illinois Employers: Ten Top Developments for 2022, The Employer Report, 12 January 2022
- Co-author, Chicago And Cook County Employers: Ring In The New Year With New COVID Requirements For Patrons And Employees, The Employer Report, 3 January 2022
- Co-author, “Don’t Get Spooked By the New Restrictions on Restrictive Covenants in Illinois,” The Employer Report, 25 October 2021
- Co-author, "Employers Should Expect New DOJ Anti-Discrimination Moves," Law 360, 8 March 2021
- Co-author, "'This Case Does Not Belong In Federal Court' — Southwest Secures Dismissal of Illinois Biometric Lawsuit," The Employer Report, 26 May 2020
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership organized under the laws of the State of Illinois (USA) and is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.