Milan Radman is a principal in the Firm's Projects and Finance Group. Milan’s transactional experience dates back to 1999. Like many of his clients, he divides his time between our offices in Singapore and other regional centres in Southeast Asia. He is also a regular presenter at conferences related to the resources sector, such as Coaltrans Bali.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acting as lead regional counsel for a Middle Eastern fund in the successful acquisition of multiple oil and gas assets in Thailand and Malaysia as part of a negotiated takeover of the entire group including 18 corporate entities in various jurisdictions, seven oil and gas concessions and 12 oil and gas related installations with deal size exceeding USD 2 billion.
- Acting for PT Freeport Indonesia, owner of the largest gold mine and the third largest copper mine in the world, in respect of negotiations for amending its Contract of Work with the Indonesian government. Due to the enormous value of the mine and the royalties it contributes to the Indonesian government, this is a transaction of historic importance with a significant impact on the Indonesian state budget.
- Extensive restructuring of ownership structures of the main mining assets in Indonesia for a large Korean conglomerate, including purchase of the majority interests in the target company and mining services company, refinancing of multiple financings and many other aspects.
- Advising a listed Australian mining company on acquisition of seven Indonesian projects including 11 mining concessions in Indonesia and then advice on the holding structure for the assets acquired and joint venture arrangements.
- Acting for an independent energy trader ranked in the top five globally in relation to its acquisition of a Coal Contract of Work company in Indonesia.
- Acting for a bidding consortium in respect of the Sumsel 10 Mine-Mouth Coal Power Project, including in respect of structuring the ownership of the project company and the ownership of the mine to result in the agreed economic outcomes
- Acting for various oil and gas clients on farm-ins and farm-outs of interests in Myanmar onshore and offshore Production Sharing Contracts as well as structuring and operational issues in the oil and gas sector in Myanmar.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of New South Wales - Member
- Law Society of England & Wales - Member
- Singapore (2012)
- British Virgin Islands (2006)
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2005)
- New South Wales~Australia (1999)
- University of Sydney (Masters of International Studies) (2004)
- University of Adelaide (Bachelor of Laws Honours) (1998)
- University of Adelaide (Bachelor of Science Computer Science) (1996)