Tiisetso Rabolao is an associate in Baker McKenzie’s Employment & Compensation Practice Group in Johannesburg.
Her experiences includes advising on dismissals for misconduct, poor performance and retrenchments as well as advising corporate clients on negotiating with trade unions on collective agreements, dispute resolution, investigations, organizational restructuring, and selection and recruitment matters. Tiisetso has also worked on high-value cross-border transactions, which has helped her gain experience in dealing with employment-related aspects of multijurisdictional matters.
Representative Legal Matters
- Assisted in facilitating employee transfers in a multijurisdictional sale of business.
- Assisted in various multijurisdictional projects which involved advising clients on their policies.
- Successfully litigated in matters held before the employment tribunal.
- Reviewed and/or drafted numerous pleadings, employment contracts, opinions, policies, charge sheets, suspension-related notices and settlement agreements.
- Facilitated the settlement of employment law disputes.
- Assisted clients with misconduct disputes.
- Assisted with due diligence reports.
- Chaired labor dispute hearings.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Legal Practice Council (Gauteng) - Member
- The South African Society for Labour Law - Member
- South Africa (2019)
- University of the Witwatersrand (LLB) (2016)