Rodrigo Quimbo is Of Counsel in Quisumbing Torres. He has 28 years of experience representing clients in litigation, dispute resolution, and arbitration. He is well-regarded in transportation and aviation work. He served as head of the Aviation, Aerospace & Defense Industry in Quisumbing Torres. Under his leadership, the Firm earned recognition as a Tier 1 firm for Aviation in Legal 500 Asia Pacific from 2007 to 2017.
Rodrigo also teaches Transportation and Public Utility law at the University of the Philippines College of Law. He is a well-regarded speaker, having spoken in various legal fora and Mandatory Continuing Legal Education (MCLE) sessions.
Rodrigo's practice includes administrative and civil litigation, alternative dispute resolution, transportation, public utilities, aviation, and competition.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented a global online technology platform before the Civil Aeronautics Board in relation to the accreditation of the client as one of Land Transportation Franchising & Regulatory Board's Transportation Network Companies.
- Represented a US-based leading airline company in handling claims filed against them and assist in due diligence in commercial litigation matters.
- Represented US-based aviation insurance providers in handling disputes against insured carriers.
- Represented a US-based company involved in several businesses including aircraft leasing before the Bureau of Customs and Civil Aeronautics Board against a local airline company in a dispute over an aircraft.
- Leading Individual in Aviation, Legal 500 Asia Pacific, 2016-2018
- Leading Individual in Dispute Resolution, Legal 500 Asia Pacific, 2016-2018
- Leading Individual in Dispute Resolution, Chambers Asia Pacific, 2009-2017
- Leading Individual in Dispute Resolution: Arbitration, Chambers Asia Pacific, 2012 and 2014-2015
- Leading Individual in Dispute Resolution: International Arbitration, Chambers Asia Pacific, 2009-2010 and 2013
Professional Associations and Memberships
- University of the Philippines College of Law - Professorial Lecturer, Transportation and Public Utility Law
- Pi Gamma Mu International Honor Society - Member
- Integrated Bar of the Philippines - Member
- International Bar Association - Member
- Philippines (1990)
- University of the Philippines (LLB valedictorian) (1989)
- University of Santo Tomas (BA cum laude) (1983)