Anne Quenedey is a registered foreign lawyer in Hong Kong and a registered lawyer in Paris based in Baker McKenzie's Hong Kong office. She has been a tax partner and practitioner across international law firms for almost 20 years, and has extensive experience in international taxation and international project management.
Anne is part of the French Desk in the Hong Kong office and co-lead of the Pacific Islands Desk.
Anne advises large domestic and international groups in defining their tax and legal strategies and M&A and restructuring operations. She gained particular experience in the operational conducts of European groups in China and Asia, and in the development of Chinese investors in France and Europe.
Anne works for listed and middle-sized companies with significant or strategic activities in the region, and for state-owned or private-owned Chinese enterprises. She also advises family-owned groups on corporate and patrimonial aspects.
Anne developed specific legal and tax experience in the French overseas territories and in particular French Polynesia, Saint Barthelemy and Wallis-and-Futuna.
Anne is a widely recognized professional representing private sector's point of view in the OECD working groups on taxation of intangibles.
Representative Legal Matters
Anne has worked on numerous international projects for corporate and high-net-worth individuals, including:
advising on complex international situations for corporate groups, across Hong-Kong, China, Singapore, United-Kingdom, France and Switzerland; and
advising high net worth individuals on complex cross-border situations between China, Hong-Kong, Singapore, Thailand, France, Switzerland, and Germany.
- Named in Décideurs Stratégies & Finance 2021
- Leading for International Groups Taxation
- Excellent for Transactional Tax
- Excellent for Litigation and pre-litigation - Wealth Tax
- Highly Regarded for Wealth management - Wealth Tax
- Recommended (Tax), Legal 500 EMEA (French chapter) 2021
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Board member, International Women Forum, Hong Kong Chapter
- Counsellor, French Chamber of Commerce in Hong-Kong
- Member, FrenchFounders club
- Board member of the French Chamber of Commerce in China - February 2017/February 2021
- Registered Foreign Lawyer~Hong Kong (2018)
- Paris~France (2002)
- Versailles~France (1995)
Anne is in charge of the HK section (since 2019) and the China section (since 2020) of the French-language journal Fiscalite Internationale (Editions JFA) (International tax)