Yuri Pylnev heads the Patent Division of Baker McKenzie's Intellectual Property Practice Group in Moscow since 2010. He began his career in 1999 as a state patent examiner in the Russian PTO (Rospatent) and later became deputy director of its Patent Examination Department. He also was a member of the Chamber for Patent Disputes. After leaving Rospatent Yuri headed the IP Department of the Federal Centre of Science and High Technologies of the Russian Atomic Energy Agency (Rosatom). Yuri is a registered Russian Patent and Trademark Attorney, a registered Eurasian Patent Attorney and a member of the Chamber of Russian Patent Attorneys.
Yuri focuses his practice on patent law and patent disputes. He has extensive experience advising on a variety of matters relating to IP rights, their protection and defense issues.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented an international electronic equipment developer and producer in a patent dispute concerning claims based on Russian patent for a Utility Model directed to client's multiple SIM-card mobile phones.
- Represented an international pharmaceutical company before the Chamber for Patent Disputes concerning its Russian and Eurasian patents for inventions attacked by generics.
- Represented an international company producing innovative products in enforcing its patented respirators.
- Represented an international oil and gas equipment company in a patent dispute resolved by negotiations.
- Advised an international company producing car fresheners in an abuse-of-right dispute against mala fide manufacturers that had obtained several design patents covering similar products available in the market to use as a defense against trademark infringement.
- Represented a France-based glass manufacturing company in a patent dispute with a group of companies.
- Represented a famous brewery in a patent dispute concerning patented bottle thermo-sign.
- Represented a Russian leading IT company in a patent dispute concerning a dating service involving the use of subscribers' phones.
- Represented an international food company in patent invalidity proceedings before the Chamber for Patent Disputes.
- Represented a Russian leading industrial company in patent invalidity proceedings before the Chamber for Patent Disputes.
- Russia (2008)
- Russian Law Academy of the Ministry of Justice of the Russian Federation (2008)
- Russian State Institute of Intellectual Property (2003)
- Technological University (1999)
Baker & McKenzie - CIS, Limited is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.