Representative Legal Matters
Acted for an African sovereign on a USD 2 billion multitranche conventional and Shari’a compliant financing.
Acted for the Shari’a compliant financiers on a AED 1.1 billion construction financing for a hospital, research centre and staff accommodation in Dubai.
Acted for a UAE real estate company on three concurrent financings (aggregate value AED 2 billion) for the financing of several real estate developments in the UAE.
Acted for a Japanese lender on three Japanese Yen denominated financings (aggregate value JPY 6 billion) for large regional financial institutions.
Acted for the borrower on an acquisition financing for a majority stake in an F&B retail operator active in US airports.
Acted for the lender on a USD 220 million financing of a large African telecoms company.
Acted for the borrower on a USD 200 million acquisition financing of a luxury hotel in Switzerland.
Acted for Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank pjsc on a AED 730 million real estate financing for an Abu Dhabi mixed use project located in Abu Dhabi.
Acted for Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank pjsc on a AED 600 million financing for a large real estate project comprising over 700 residential units located in Barsha South, Dubai.
Acted for the consortium on a financing of the 800MW DEWA solar plant in Dubai (expected to be the world’s largest photovoltaic energy generation on a single site).
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2003)
- Dubai - Registered Legal Consultant
- Chartered Institute for Securities and Investment, UK (Islamic Finance Qualification) (2015)
- BPP Professional Education (Legal Practice Course) (2001)
- University of Essex (Bachelor of Laws English and International Law) (1999)
- Katholieke Universiteit Nijmegen (Erasmus Prog.) (1998)