Sandeep Puri is a partner in the Dubai office of Baker McKenzie Habib Al Mulla. Based in the UAE since 2003, Sandeep has extensive experience advising on banking and capital market transactions across the Middle East.
Sandeep covers both conventional and Islamic finance transactions across various asset classes, including project finance, corporate finance, asset finance, real estate and capital markets (including sukuk).
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised the financiers on a AED 1.1 billion construction financing for a hospital, research centre and staff accommodation in Dubai.
- Advising the borrower on a financing for the construction and development of multiple hospital facilities in Dubai and Abu Dhabi.
- Advised Seven Tides Limited on new financing and refinancing of over AED 1 billion facilities for the development of mixed commercial and residential properties in Dubai.
- Advised Seven Tides Limited on a AED 500 million murabaha financing led by Dubai Islamic Bank as lead arranger.
- Advised National Bank of Abu Dhabi and First Gulf Bank as lenders on a USD 130 million corporate financing for an Abu Dhabi Government entity.
- Advised Standard Chartered Bank on a AED 400 million hotel development financing for a large UAE conglomerate.
- Acted for Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank on a AED 1.2 billion Shari'a compliant construction financing for the IMG Group for the construction of the IMG Worlds of Adventure Theme Park in Dubailand.
- Acted for PT Axis Telekom on a USD 1.2 billion murabaha financing (this transaction was a first in multiple respects at the time (including the largest Islamic financing ever undertaken in Indonesia, the largest Islamic hedge in Asia, the first time China Development Bank or EKN had been involved in Islamic financing)).
- Advised Jebel Ali Free Zone FZE (JAFZ) on the refinancing of its existing sukuk liabilities of more than USD 2 billion through the use of a hybrid (and secured) structure comprising of an Islamic financing facility and new sukuk issuance.
- Advised Mobile Telecommunications Company (MTC) on a USD 6 billion Islamic financing for the 3rd GSM licence in Saudi Arabia.
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2003)
- Dubai - Registered Legal Consultant
- Chartered Institute for Securities and Investment, UK (Islamic Finance Qualification) (2015)
- BPP Professional Education (Legal Practice Course) (2001)
- University of Essex (Bachelor of Laws English and International Law) (1999)
- Katholieke Universiteit Nijmegen (Erasmus Prog.) (1998)
Baker & McKenzie.Habib Al Mulla is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.