Dr. Dorothee Prosteder routinely advises German and other international companies on corporate transactions and restructuring and insolvency matters. Currently a partner in the Firm’s Global Mergers & Acquisitions and Global Bankruptcy & Financial Restructuring practice groups in Munich, Dorothee is co-leading the German Restructuring & Insolvency Group and is a member of the European Restructuring & Insolvency Steering Committee of the Firm. She has written extensively on her area of practice, and is an author of beck-OK InsO being the primary online commentary on the German Insolvency Code (Sections 39, 44a, 135 InsO) as well as an author of Cranshaw/Paulus/Michel (ed.) „Bankenkommentar zum Insolvenzrecht“ (vol. 1, 1st and 2nd ed., §§ 109-114 InsO) being a commentary on the German Insolvency Code from the perspective of financing banks. Dr. Prosteder joined the Munich office in November 2010. Dorothee is recognized by Handelsblatt as “Best Lawyer in Germany 2018” for Restructuring and Insolvency Law.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented Rexnord in the acquisition of Centa-Antriebe Kirschey group from the Kirschey family.
- Represented Barry-Wehmiller in the acquisition of the paper business from bielomatik Leuze out of insolvency.
- Represented la Seda de Barcelona in its sale of Appe Germany out of insolvency.
- Acted for a European flooring manufacturer in the intended acquisition of DLW Armstrong out of insolvency.
- Represents Serviceplan in group wide reorganisations and M&A transactions.
- Represented Siemens AG/Osram GmbH in the acquisition of the German based Siteco Lighting Group.
- Represented Rexnord in the acquisition of VAG Armaturen from Halder and VAG Management as well as the sale of VAG Group to Aurelius.
- Represented Chemtura in the sale of its German business in a 363 US Bankruptcy Code process.
- Represented Sulzer in the acquisition of the German business of Bekaert Dymonics.
- Acted for SIG Group in the sale of its beverages packaging business to Salzgitter Mannesmann.
- Best Lawyers in Germany 2019 for restructuring & insolvency, Handelsblatt in cooperation with Best Lawyers, 2019
- Germany (2005)
- Theoretical training required to qualify as specialist insolvency lawyer (2010)
- University of Passau (Doctorate) (2005)
- Higher Regional Court of Munich (2003)
- University of Passau (2001)