Dr. Dorothee Prosteder routinely advises German and other international companies on corporate transactions and restructuring and insolvency matters. Currently a partner in the Firm’s Global Mergers & Acquisitions and Global Bankruptcy & Financial Restructuring practice groups in Munich, Dr. Prosteder also worked in Baker McKenzie’s offices in Frankfurt and Chicago. She has written extensively on her area of practice, and is an author of beck-OK InsO being the primary online commentary on the German Insolvency Code (Sections 39, 44a, 135 InsO) as well as an author of Cranshaw/Paulus/Michel (ed.) „Bankenkommentar zum Insolvenzrecht“ (vol. 1, §§ 109-114 InsO) being a commentary on the German Insolvency Code from the perspective of financing banks. Dr. Prosteder joined the Munich office in November 2010.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented Barry-Wehmiller in the acquisition of the paper business from bielomatik Leuze out of insolvency.
- Represented la Seda de Barcelona in its sale of Appe Germany out of insolvency.
- Acted for a European flooring manufacturer in the intended acquisition of DLW Armstrong out of insolvency.
- Represents Serviceplan in group wide reorganisations and M&A transactions.
- Represented Siemens AG/Osram GmbH in the acquisition of the German based Siteco Lighting Group.
- Represented Rexnord in the acquisition of VAG Armaturen from Halder and VAG Management.
- Represented Chemtura in the sale of its German business in a 363 US Bankruptcy Code process.
- Represented Sulzer in the acquisition of the German business of Bekaert Dymonics.
- Advised Ingersoll-Rand in the sale of its German Bobcat parts and attachment business to Doosan.
- Acted for SIG Group in the sale of its beverages packaging business to Salzgitter Mannesmann.
- Germany (2005)
- Theoretical training required to qualify as specialist insolvency lawyer (2010)
- University of Passau (Doctorate) (2005)
- Higher Regional Court of Munich (2003)
- University of Passau (2001)