Dr. Dorothee Prosteder routinely advises German and other international companies on corporate transactions and restructuring and insolvency matters. Currently a partner in the Firm’s Global Mergers & Acquisitions and Global Bankruptcy & Financial Restructuring practice groups in Munich, Dorothee is co-leading the German Restructuring & Insolvency Group and is a member of the European Restructuring & Insolvency Steering Committee of the Firm. She has written extensively on her area of practice, and is an author of beck-OK InsO being the primary online commentary on the German Insolvency Code (Sections 39, 44a, 135 InsO) as well as an author of Cranshaw/Paulus/Michel (ed.) „Bankenkommentar zum Insolvenzrecht“ (vol. 1, §§ 109-114 InsO) being a commentary on the German Insolvency Code from the perspective of financing banks. Dr. Prosteder joined the Munich office in November 2010.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented Rexnord in the acquisition of Centa-Antriebe Kirschey group from the Kirschey family.
- Represented Barry-Wehmiller in the acquisition of the paper business from bielomatik Leuze out of insolvency.
- Represented la Seda de Barcelona in its sale of Appe Germany out of insolvency.
- Acted for a European flooring manufacturer in the intended acquisition of DLW Armstrong out of insolvency.
- Represents Serviceplan in group wide reorganisations and M&A transactions.
- Represented Siemens AG/Osram GmbH in the acquisition of the German based Siteco Lighting Group.
- Represented Rexnord in the acquisition of VAG Armaturen from Halder and VAG Management.
- Represented Chemtura in the sale of its German business in a 363 US Bankruptcy Code process.
- Represented Sulzer in the acquisition of the German business of Bekaert Dymonics.
- Acted for SIG Group in the sale of its beverages packaging business to Salzgitter Mannesmann.
- Germany (2005)
- Theoretical training required to qualify as specialist insolvency lawyer (2010)
- University of Passau (Doctorate) (2005)
- Higher Regional Court of Munich (2003)
- University of Passau (2001)