Rosario Preuss joined the Firm’s Energy, Mining and Infrastructure Practice Group in Santiago as a junior associate in June of 2019. She graduated from Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile Law School in 2018.
She focuses mining and corporate law, as well as on environmental and regulatory law applicable to projects. She regularly works on a wide-ranging scope of the mining process matters; such as the incorporation, protection and maintenance of the mining property, whether metallic or non-metallic, and their surrounding corporate aspects, advising Chilean and international companies.
Representative Legal Matters
- Participated in the due diligence process of to Mantos Copper S.A. as part of its demerge process. Review envisaged corporate, mining, environmental and regulatory issues for the closure of certain mining sites along with the expansion to other sites.
- Assessments and guide to Santiago Agrisupply SpA, in proceedings before the Environmental Superintendence.
- Contract assessment and judicial mining proceedings for KGHM, in particular for SCM Franke.
- Legal Advice and guide to Minera Sierra Gorda on the review of mining easements and their judicial processing;
- Collaboration and advice in mining court proceedings to Haldeman Mining Company.
- Advice through legal opinions and contract assessments of mining property in Chile for Atex Chile SpA.
- Assesment to Nordex Chile SpA in various energy and environmental legal issues.
- Chile (2019)
- Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile (LL.B.) (2018)
Baker & McKenzie Ltda. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.