Gordon Prestige is a partner in Baker & McKenzie Habib Al Mulla. He focuses on project finance transactions, public/private partnerships and renewables projects.
Gordon regularly acts for lenders and sponsors, and has advised issuers of project bonds on a number of PPPs. He is also experienced in acquisition finance (management buy-outs and take-privates), syndicated corporate financings, group debt restructurings and capital markets.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acting for Societe Generale in an ECA-backed EUR 26 million murabaha facility for Almarai Company.
- Acting for Emicool in a group restructuring and USD 245 million syndicated ijara financing facility arranged by Dubai Islamic Bank PJSC to Emicool Plus Cooling for refinancing a previous facility and expansion.
- Acting for ACWA Power International in relation to a SR 1.76 million murabaha revolver facility to ACWA Power International provided by a club of financiers comprising SABB, Banque Saudi Fransi, Samba and The National Commercial Bank.
- Acting for The Dow Chemical Company in relation to USD 1.36 billion Islamic finance facilities made available to Saudi Acrylic Acid Company, Saudi Acrylic Monomers Company and Saudi Acrylic Polymers Company to support the construction and operation of three integrated petrochemical plants in Jubail Industrial City, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- Acting for MENAdrill Investment Company in charter arrangements for the MENAdrill I drilling platform with Pemex (Mexican state owned petroleum company) in the Gulf of Mexico, and acting for client as borrower in a USD 130 million murabaha financing for MENAdrill I comprising senior and junior murabaha tranches.
- Advising MASIC on Fadhili Bachelor Camp project, including drafting the facilities management agreement and negotiating project and finance agreement.
- Advising Saudi Arabian Mining Company (Ma'aden) on structuring shared infrastructure, utility supply and land use arrangements with three separate project companies for aluminum mine and refinery project, aluminum smelter project and aluminum rolling mill project respectively in Jubail.
- Acting for Ma'aden and Alcoa in relation to the multi-tranche integrated project financing of an aluminum smelter and rolling mill in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, with a project cost of approximately USD 7.5 billion.
- Acting for Dubai Courts in negotiating a concession agreement for the Dubai Supreme Courts Robotic Car Parking and Office Development PPP, the first Dubai PPP to close under the Dubai PPP Law of 2015.
- Acting for the ijara facility lenders (NCB and BSF) to the Saudi Binladin Group consortium (including Bouygues Bâtiment International and Aéroport de Paris Management) as bidders for the Prince Mohammed bin Abdulaziz Airport, Madinah PPP project.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of England & Wales - Member
- Law Society of Scotland - Member
- Scotland (1998)
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (1988)
- Dubai - Registered Legal Consultant
- College of Law at Chancery Lane (1986)
- Edinburgh University (1982)
Baker & McKenzie.Habib Al Mulla is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.