Marc specialises in disputes arising from real estate and construction projects (including the building of hotels and luxury residences, civil constructions and sensitive industrial constructions such as turnkey industry plants), corporate conflicts and disputes arising from M&A transactions. He provides advice on a wide range of matters, including claims for debt recovery, termination of distribution and agency agreements, insolvency proceedings and general breaches of commercial agreements. Marc advises clients from a wide range of industries, from the energy and healthcare industries to the food and beverage sector.
He has also represented renowned athletes and professional sports clubs established in Spain in legal disputes before the main national and international sport institutions, such as the TAD and CAS/TAS.
Additionally, Marc has also lectured on business litigation and arbitration in different programs at University Pompeu Fabra and University of Barcelona (Les Heures) and has authored and co-authored various publications on class actions, interim injunctions, arbitration and comments on the new Spanish Insolvency Act. Marc was also seconded to the Baker McKenzie Chicago office.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acted for developers in disputes arising from the construction of touristic complexes.
- Acted for developers in disputes arising from forward purchase agreements of commercial/office buildings and shopping malls.
- Acted for constructors in disputes arising out of turnkey construction agreements of energy plants before courts and arbitration courts (ICC/LCIA).
- Acted for builders in disputes arising from the design and construction of industrial plants and equipment for the food industry.
- Acted for retail companies in disputes arising from lease agreements of future premises and from the early termination of lease agreements.
- Acted for renewed companies in outstanding claims arising from M&A transactions in international arbitrations.
- Acted for shareholders of significant companies in corporate disputes.
- Acted for an Olympic athlete in a case related to doping through arbitration before the TAS/CAS.
- Ranked in Dispute Resolution in Barcelona, Chambers Europe
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Barcelona Bar Association
- Pro bono advice agreement with and donation to the Sant Joan de Déu Charitable Organization.
- Other outstanding projects are the agreement to create and advise the Liceu Barcelona Opera House US Foundation and regular contributions to the Food Bank.
- Barcelona~Spain (2001)
- University of Barcelona (Law Degree) (1999)
- Articles in the specialized legal journal Aranzadi relating to interim injunctions, the new Spanish Arbitration Act, the new Spanish Insolvency Act and director's liability
- Press article in La Vanguardia newspaper on the new Spanish Arbitration Act
- Book (co-author): "Comments to the New Spanish Insolvency Act" (director's liability in distress situations)
- Article on class actions in Gazeta Prawna (Poland)