Chrystian Poszwiński is an associate at Baker McKenzie Warsaw. He joined the Firm in 2014 and has been a member of the Mergers & Acquisitions Group ever since. Chrystian gained his experience as a transactional lawyer routinely advising Polish and foreign clients. He is fluent in several languages and actively pursuits his academic career related to the protection of personal data and applicable privacy risks in transactions.
Chrystian has experience in corporate commercial issues, advising clients on private M&A deals, as well as private equity and venture capital transactions, mostly in the area of new technologies, real estate, manufacturing and healthcare. He has extensive experience with foreign investments in Poland, as well as global reorganizations and joint venture transactions. He gained extensive experience working with local and international clients and business entities, including within the scope of international expansion and day-to-day corporate maintenance.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised an American cloud-based data-warehousing company on their first acquisition in Poland of a leading provider of cloud-based software services.
- Advised an Australian global leader in customs and logistics software solutions, on the acquisition of the enterprise from the leader in customs warehouse software solutions in Poland.
- Advised an investment consortium of UNIQA Ventures GmbH, PKO Bank Polski VC, Adamed Pharma (through an investment fund) and Black Pearls VC in legal matters related to a Venture Capital investment in Telemedi.co - telemedicine solutions (Round A funding).
- Advised MCI Euroventures fund from the MCI Capital group and ABC Data S.A. on the tender offer and sale of the enterprise of ABC Data S.A. to ALSO Group.
- Advised the founder supported by a PE fund (Accession Mezzanine Capital) from a portfolio of funds managed by Mezzanine Management in the acquisition of the majority stake in Akomex sp. z o.o. (one of the leading manufacturers of cardboard packaging in Central Europe) from Highlander Partners, with a simultaneous debt re-financing.
- Advised Mapletree Investments Pte Ltd., an Asian government-linked investment company on the acquisition of a portfolio of logistics assets located in Poland, Germany and the United States controlled by Hillwood Development Company, LLC, with a total deal value in excess of USD 900 million.
- Advised Acteeum Poland B.V. on a joint-venture with Duodev Holding B.V (Equilis group company) concerning development of the Andrychów Shopping Center.
- Advised Varian Medical Systems, a leading producer of radiotherapy medical devices, on its acquisition of Candela's distribution business in Poland.
- Advised TVH Group (a Belgian company active in the market of forklift trucks, aerial work platforms, agricultural tractors and industrial vehicles) on its acquisition of 100% stake in Agro-Jan group.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Warsaw Bar Association - Member
- The John Paul II Catholic University of Lublin (Dr. iur.) (2020)
- University of Warsaw (Master of Laws) (2015)
- University of Vienna (2014 - 2015)
- Author, "Przejęcie wydawnictwa a ochrona danych osobowych," (Takeover of the publishing house vs personal data protection), Naukowy Przegląd Dziennikarski (Journalism Research Review Quarterly), April 2021
- Author, "Risk based approach w ochronie danych osobowych a ryzyka w transakcjach," (Risk-Based Approach in Personal Data Protection and Risks in Transactions), Przegląd Prawa Handlowego (Commercial Law Review), April 2019
- Author, "Podejście oparte na ryzyku jako podstawa kształtowania obowiązków administratorów i podmiotów przetwarzających," (Risk based approach as basis to shape obligations of personal data administrators and processing entities), LEX Ochrona Danych Osobowych (LEX Personal Data Protection platform), September 2018
Baker McKenzie Krzyżowski i Wspólnicy Spółka Komandytowa