David Pope is a state and local tax partner in the New York office. Prior to joining Baker McKenzie, David practiced state and local tax in the New York office of an international law firm and in a Big 4 accounting firm.
David's practice focuses on state and local corporate income tax, sales and use tax, property tax, payroll tax, personal income tax, and unclaimed property in all states. He represents clients in all aspects of state and local tax, including controversy, litigation, planning, and restructuring matters. David has advised Fortune 500 clients in the retail, financial, insurance, energy, media, telecommunication, and manufacturing industries across the United States.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York State Bar Association - Tax Section
- American Bar Association - Tax Section
- New York~United States (2008)
- New York University School of Law (LL.M.) (2012)
- Syracuse University College of Law (J.D. cum laude) (2007)
- State University of New York at Binghamton (B.S./B.A.) (2004)