Chen Yih Pong is a principal in the Corporate & Securities team. He is listed as an up and coming capital markets lawyer in the 2014 edition of Chambers Asia Pacific, which noted that he is "very dedicated, knowledgeable and commercially minded." He has also garnered praise from the Legal 500: Asia Pacific 2013 for being "honest, reasonable and fast." He is also listed as a recommended lawyer by Asia Law Profiles 2014 where a client acknowledged him for being "super knowledgeable with flash responsiveness; always with innovative answers and solutions for difficult tasks."
Chen Yih's main areas of practice are corporate finance, capital market transactions such as initial public offerings, share placements, rights issue and other transactional and advisory matters involving listed companies.
Representative Legal Matters
Prior to joining Baker McKenzie, Chen Yih was involved in several notable transactions:
- Advised DBS Bank Ltd. as the sole global coordinator and issue manager and as one of the joint bookrunners and underwriters and Morgan Stanley Asia (Singapore) Pte., Standard Chartered Securities (Singapore) Pte. Limited and United Overseas Bank Limited as the joint and underwriters, in an initial public offering of Frasers Hospitality Trust, which raised proceeds of over SGD 162.9 million.
- Advised DBS Bank Ltd., Merrill Lynch (Singapore) Pte. Ltd. and Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation Limited as the joint issue managers, bookrunners and underwriters, in an initial public offering of PACC Offshore Services Holdings Ltd. which raised proceeds of over SGD 388 million.
- Advised Rex International Holding Limited in its initial public offering of shares and listing on Catalist, the sponsor-supervised listing platform of Singapore Exchange, to raise gross proceeds of approximately SGD 85.25 million.
- Advised Rex International Holding Limited in the private share placement of 168 million new shares at 57 cents each, raising gross proceeds of approximately SGD 96 million.
- Advised Mapletree Logistics Trust Management Ltd. in its equity fund-raising exercise comprising a private placement of 207,310,000 new units and a non-renounceable preferential offering of 164,345,224 new units, to raise gross proceeds of about USD 170 million and more than USD 130 million.
- Advised Courts Asia Limited in the establishment of a SGD 500 million multicurrency debt issuance programme and the subsequent issuance of SGD 125 million 4.75 percent fixed rate notes due 2016. DBS Bank Ltd. and The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited were the joint arrangers and dealers of the programme and the joint lead managers and bookrunners for the issue of the notes.
- Singapore (2002)
- National University of Singapore (LL.B. Hons)
Baker & McKenzie.Wong & Leow is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.