Brian T. Polley is an associate in the Firm’s Corporate & Securities and Mergers & Acquisitions groups and focuses his practice on oil and gas law, energy-related transactions and projects, and general corporate and securities matters. Prior to joining Baker McKenzie, Mr. Polley worked as an associate for an Am Law 100 energy law firm based in Houston, with a US government agency in the intelligence community, and advised a US senator on foreign and defense policy.
Mr. Polley advises on transactions, project development, and corporate and securities matters, with an emphasis on the representation of purchasers and sellers in both asset and equity deals in the energy industry. He represents companies in a broad range of corporate and transactional matters, including securities offerings, US Securities and Exchange Commission reporting obligations, mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance issues, private equity, and corporate restructurings. Mr. Polley also advises clients on LNG projects (including LNG SPAs, EPC contracts, terminal use agreements, operation and maintenance agreements, and related matters), as well as national security reviews of foreign investments (CFIUS).
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Energy Bar Association - Member
- Houston Bar Association - Oil, Gas and Mineral Law Section
- Houston Bar Association - Lawyers Against Waste Committee - Co-Chair
- World Affairs Council of Houston - Member
- State Bar of Texas - Oil, Gas and Energy Resources Law Section
- American Bar Association - Standing Committee on Law and National Security - Research Associate
- Texas~United States (2012)
- University of Virginia School of Law (J.D.) (2012)
- Texas A&M University (M.A.) (2007)
- University of Texas (B.A.) (2004)
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership organized under the laws of the State of Illinois (USA) and is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.