Sara focuses on complex commercial litigation in court, at both the federal and state level, and in arbitration. She has handled a broad range of disputes, including breach of contract actions, fraud, misrepresentation and other tort claims, consumer class actions, and statutory claims, involving unfair business practice, false advertising, and data privacy and security issues.
She also maintains an active pro bono practice. Sara has represented juveniles sentenced to life without the possibility of parole in resentencing proceedings and appeals; represented domestic violence victims in parole proceedings; represented low income tenants in unlawful detainer proceedings; and represented two individuals in active participation proceedings related to a civil gang injunction.
Representative Legal Matters
Prior to joining Baker McKenzie, Sara handled the following matters:
- Successfully defended a Fortune 500 company and its subsidiaries in a federal class action alleging violations of the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act and related tort claims, obtaining an early dismissal with prejudice.
- Third-chaired a two week arbitration, representing a foreign beverage company in a contract dispute with its US distributor.
- Represented national drug manufacturers and retailers in a Proposition 65 action, obtaining favorable settlement.
- Assisted in an internal due diligence investigation for a US-based audit company involving potential tax and bank fraud.
- Represented a global consulting, engineering and construction company in several breach of contract disputes with project site owners and contractors.
- Represented an investment company, handling trillions of dollars of assets under management, in breach of contract and breach of fiduciary duty disputes with clients and account beneficiaries.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California~United States (2018)
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California~United States (2018)
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California~United States (2018)
- U.S. District Court, Western District of California~United States (2018)
- California - United States (2017)
- University of Southern California (JD) (2017)
- University of Georgia (BA Criminal Justice and Sociology, magna cum laude) (2012)