Elena Pitirimova is an associate in the Moscow office of Baker McKenzie. She focuses on employment and migration law issues. Prior to joining the Firm in 2012, she worked in another law firm.
Elena has spoken at numerous conferences and seminars on labor and immigration law. Most recently, Elena gave presentations on various aspects of Russian labor legislation, trade union activities, distance work, audits of the State Labor Inspectorate, and law on prohibition of staff leasing.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Ingram Micro Inc. on acquiring Odin Service Automation platform from Parallels Holdings Ltd. The Firm was responsible for all Russia-related aspects of the transaction including due diligence review of Russian assets, assistance in negotiations and certain post-transaction assistance.
- Advised Smith & Nephew, a global medical technology company, on its acquisition of the trauma and orthopedics distribution business of DeOst LLC and DC LLC, a manufacturing company in the DeOst group.
- Successfully represented a major pharmaceutical company in disputes with its former employees where employees claimed payment of a bonus and for deduction from their salaries to be declared illegal.
- Advised clients on issues connected with implementation of HR documents and internal corporate rules, including implementation of global bonus plans.
- Advised several major pharmaceutical companies on the use of the distance work scheme and preparing the documents required to formalize the employees’ transfer to distance work.
- Represented clients during audits by the State Labor Inspectorate and heard cases on administrative sanctions against the companies and its officers.
- Advised clients on restructuring of employment with employees who belong to a protected category of employees. The projects involve transfer of the employees to a new department and reduction of the employees' working hours and salary.
- Advised clients on issues connected to the use of corporate cars by the employees.
- Advised a major international company specializing in public relations, on restructuring its business in Russia as well as successful resolution of an internal dispute with a trade union.
- Represented a major pharmaceutical company in disputes with its former employee (medical representative working distantly), who appealed against disciplinary sanctions imposed for failure to participate in business meetings.
- Russia (2011)
- Moscow State University (Law Degree) (2011)
Author, "Golden parachute is not guaranteed," Legal Insight, July 2014
Author, "Bankruptcy is not a ground for employment termination," Trudovye Spory, March 2014
Author, "Company decides to liquidate its branch office,", Trudovye Spory, March 2014
Author, "Collective bargaining agreements: extended to all companies," Korporativnyi Yurist, February 2014
Author, "Video monitoring of employees," Yurist companii, December 2013