Santiago Pineda graduated from the Universidad del Rosario and he is a candidate for a tax degree from Universidad de los Andes. Santiago is a junior associate at Baker McKenzie's office in Bogota, Colombia. He is a member of the Tax Practice Group of the Firm. Before joining Baker McKenzie, he worked as a tax associate in Godoy & Hoyos Abogados (2017-2020). Prior to that, he did an internship in the Supreme Court of Justice in the Civil Section (2016).
Santiago focuses his practice on tax advisory, tax planning and tax litigation. He has experience in advising companies from the energetic, oil and gas, mining and infrastructure sectors in Colombia. He also focuses his practice on issues related to administrative law.
- Winner of the Excellence Award "Carlos Alzate" awarded by the Faculty of Jurisprudence of the Universidad del Rosario (2017).
- Student chosen by the Faculty of Jurisprudence of the Universidad del Rosario to give the graduation speech (2107).
- Winner of the best legal essay award awarded by Asociación Cavelier del Derecho (2016)
- Winner of the highest grade point average award awarded by the Faculty of Jurisprudence of the Universidad del Rosario (2017).
- University de Los Andes (2020)
- Universidad del Rosario (2017)
Author, "Daños punitivos y su aplicación en Colombia: medida para compensar la desprotección del consumidor en el actial régimen de responsabildiad por productos defectuosos", Revista Asociación Cavelier del Derecho, October, 2017.
Baker & McKenzie S.A.S., is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein