Kyle Pilkington is a local principal in Baker McKenzie Wong & Leow. He regularly advises clients on securities, equity capital markets and debt capital markets transactions.
Kyle's practice focuses on public and private international securities transactions, including the representation of US and non-US based companies in transactions that involve US securities laws. These include the representation of issuers and underwriters in international equity and debt offerings, with an emphasis on capital raising through public offerings and private placements.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented Videocon D2H in its listing on NASDAQ and registration with the US SEC pursuant to a business combination with Silver Eagle Acquisition Corp (a SPAC).
- Represented PT Pelabuhan Indonesia II (Persero) in connection with its issue of notes pursuant to Rule 144A and Regulation S with gross aggregate proceeds of USD1.6 billion.
- Represented the underwriters in the IPO of Café Coffee Day, one of India's largest coffee chains, under Rule 144A/Regulation S. This was the largest India IPO in 2015.
- Represented ICON Offshore Berhad in its IPO with a listing on Bursa Malaysia and concurrent international offering pursuant to Regulation S, with proceeds of approximately USD300 million.
- Represented Goldman Sachs, Credit Suisse, Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Maybank Investment Bank and HSBC in the USD650 million IPO and listing of Westports Holdings Berhad pursuant to Rule 144A and Regulation S, with a listing on Bursa Malaysia.
- Represented Religare Capital Markets, SBI Capital Markets and Yes Bank in the USD200 million rights offering of Kesoram Industries Limited (part of the Birla Group Of Companies), pursuant to Regulation S.
- Represented BNP Paribas, Mandiri Sekuritas and RHB Investment Bank Berhad in the IPO and global offering pursuant to Regulation S of PT Sawit Sumbermas Sarana Tbk, an Indonesian plantations company, with a listing on the Indonesian Stock Exchange.
- Represented PT Salim Ivomas Pratama Tbk in connection with the IPO and global offering pursuant to Rule 144A and Regulation S, with a listing on the Indonesian Stock Exchange (total proceeds approximately USD384.6 million).
- Represented Bank Negara Indonesia in connection with a USD500 million issuance of 4.125 percent notes pursuant to Regulation S. The bonds were the first offshore dollar bond issue from an Indonesian commercial bank since 2003.
- Represented Bank Negara Indonesia in connection with a placement of shares pursuant to Rule 144A and Regulation S and concurrent rights issue. This offering was the largest equity offering from Indonesia in two years (total proceeds approximately USD1.2 billion).
- New York~United States (2007)
- University of Chicago Law School (J.D. with honors) (2006)
- Middlebury College (B.A. cum laude) (2003)