Dianne Phoebus is member of the steering committees of the Firm’s Intellectual Property Practice Group and Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Industry Group in Latin America. She practices mainly in the areas of intellectual property and health law, and is ranked among the leading intellectual property lawyers in Venezuela by Chambers Latin America and World Trademark Review. Ms. Phoebus is also an active member of the International Trademark Association and the Intellectual Property Committee of the Venezuelan-American Chamber of Commerce. She teaches legal English at the Universidad Monteávila.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising an international alcoholic beverage company on intellectual property, licensing, advertising law and regulatory matters.
- Advising international pharmaceutical and healthcare companies in connection with licenses and technology transfer agreements, distribution agreements, web page content and access, regulatory law and regulations on promotion and advertising.
- Advising an international mass consumption company on actions available in light of a lookalike found on the Venezuelan market.
- Advising a pharmaceutical company, an alcoholic beverage company and an electronics company on actions and negotiations in connection with illegal products and the use of the companies’ trademarks on the Internet.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Venezuelan-American Chamber of Industry and Commerce
- International Anti-Counterfeiting Coalition
- Venezuelan Association of Intellectual Property Agents
- Caracas Bar Association
- Inter-American Association of Intellectual Property (ASIPI)
- Venezuela (1999)
- University of Santa Maria (1997)
- Morgan State University (1977)
- Villa Julie College (1973)
- Fulbright Scholar, Bucharest, Rumania (1977-1978)