John M. Peterson, Jr. has more than 30 years of experience practicing in the area of corporate tax law. He is a former chair of Baker McKenzie's Global Tax Practice Group and is based in the Firm's Palo Alto office, which he joined in 1981 after a three-and-a-half year stint at the Chicago office. Mr. Peterson is an affiliate of the American Bar Association Section on Taxation, Affiliated and Related Corporations and the State Bar of California. He held various positions in the ABA including chair of the Committee on Affiliated and Related Corporations.
Mr. Peterson focuses his practice on intercompany pricing, structuring of international operations and international tax planning, high technology tax issues and federal income tax controversies.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association - Committee Vice-Chair
- American Bar Association - Subcommittee Chairman
- State Bar of California - Committee Chair
- American Bar Association - Committee Chair
- American Bar Association - Section on Taxation, Affiliated and Related Corporations
- California~United States (1981)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California~United States (1981)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois~United States (1977)
- U.S. Tax Court~United States (1977)
- Illinois~United States (1977)
- Harvard University (J.D. cum laude) (1977)
- University of Notre Dame (Bachelor of Business Administration) (1973)
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership organized under the laws of the State of Illinois (USA) and is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.