Beatriz Pessôa de Araújo is a corporate partner in Baker McKenzie's London office. She is a member of the Firm's Corporate Practice Group, as well as its Financial Institutions, Industrials, EMI and Healthcare groups.
Since serving on the Firm's Global Executive Committee (2009-2013), Beatriz is spearheading Baker McKenzie's Corporate Governance Group. Beatriz' practice focuses on advising boards and multinational groups on company law, in particular director duties, and corporate governance matters and best practice approaches to embed governance and values in organisations with a view to companies building trust with all stakeholders and third parties, including regulators. She also advises clients in Spain, Portugal and Latin America investing into the UK and Europe. Beatriz serves as Chair of the Board of Trustees at Canning House since 1 January 2018.
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (1987)
- Cambridge University (Master of Arts) (1986)
- University of Madrid (1985)
- City University of London (L.S.F.) (1983)
- Cambridge University (B.A.) (1982)
- INSEAD Business School (Certification in Corporate Governance (IDP-C))
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an English partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.