Alejandro Pérez-Serrano is a partner in the Firm’s Corporate/M&A Practice Group. Prior to joining the Mexico City office in 2011, he spent over 10 years in the Chicago office, where he advised multinational corporations on a wide-range of cross-border business and commercial law issues in Mexico and other Latin American countries. Mr. Pérez-Serrano is licensed to practice law in Mexico and in the state of Illinois, USA.
Mr. Pérez-Serrano focuses his practice on cross-border M&A and international business transactions, including joint ventures, strategic alliances and corporate reorganizations projects. He also advises on a range of compliance matters, such as anti-corruption, US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) investigations, and on developing and implementing compliance programs. His clients include multinational companies in the automotive, manufacturing, pharmaceutical, real estate, and information technology sectors.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented Hunt Companies with respect to the proposed acquisition from an affiliate of Empresas ICA. S.A.B. de C,V, of Mexican entities that hold two long term service contracts for the building and operation of two prisons in Mexico.
- Advised United Business Media on the acquisition of a technology company with operations in Argentina, Brazil and Mexico.
- Advised a US public company in negotiating international joint ventures with companies in Latin America.
- Conducted an internal compliance audit conducted by a US-based pharmaceutical company in Mexico.
- Illinois~United States
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law (J.D.)
- University of Arizona (LL.M.)
- University of Guadalajara (Law Degree)