Manuel Perez-Freyre is a member of the Tijuana office's Dispute Resolution Practice Group. With over 15 years of experience, he focuses his practice on civil, commercial, family, corporate and constitutional rights protection (amparo). Mr. Perez-Freyre has been a member of the Barra Mexicana Colegio de Abogados, Capitulo Nuevo Leon (BMA-NL) since 2002. He been a member of the association's board of directors and coordinator of academics activities in 2004-2006 and 2010-2012, served as secretary of the board in 2006-2008, and again became a member of the board in 2012-2014.
Mr. Perez-Freyre focuses his practice on civil, commercial and constitutional litigation before local and federal courts in Mexico, and has obtained favorable rulings in complex and high-profile cases.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented clients in various and complex civil, commercial and family law trials.
- Represented clients in loan agreements secured with specific guarantees and debt restructuring.
- Advised preventively in various asset purchase transactions, joint ventures and assignment of choses in action.
- Represented clients in trials where contractual and non-contractual damages and lost profits were claimed.
- Advised on complex inheritances, regularizing the shareholding and assets forming the estate.
- Advised on protections through defense against unconstitutional laws and acts of judicial and administrative authorities.
- Advised clients in trials involving contested shareholder meetings and decisions taken therein.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- BMA-NL - Member
- Mexico (1999)
- Barra Mexicana Colegio de Abogados (Diploma Seminar Finance for non Financial) (2012)
- Instituto Tecnológico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey ITESM (Diploma Seminar Commercial Arbitration) (2011)
- Universidad Autónoma de Nuevo Leon (Licenciado en Derecho Commercial Arbitration magna cum laude) (1999)
Baker & McKenzie Abogados, S.C. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.