Vadim Perevalov is an associate in Baker McKenzie's Intellectual Property practice in Moscow. Prior to joining the Firm in 2011, Vadim was a lawyer in a local law firm in Moscow, and an assistant lawyer in a Sweden-headquartered law firm.
Vadim focuses on privacy, Internet law, technology-related IP and a wide range of emerging IT regulatory issues.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised a client on the regulatory requirements of enabling mobile gadgets to make contactless payments and drafted the necessary legal documentation.
- Provided multijurisdictional regulatory advice to a virtual reality technology company in relation to the launch of production and sales of an augmented reality system and launch of related international app and content distribution platforms.
- Advised an IT products and services company on acquiring an automation platform from a private cross-platform technology company. Baker McKenzie was responsible for all Russia-related aspects of the transaction including due diligence review of Russian assets, assistance in negotiations, and certain post-transaction assistance.
- Advised a Swiss-based pharmaceutical company on its acquisition of a Russian pharmaceutical company engaged in marketing, sales and distribution of pharmaceuticals in the gynecology sector and for antithrombotic treatment.
- Provided IP portfolio management services for a transnational consumer goods company.
- Represented clients in IP transactional matters, handling multiple licensing and franchising projects in the hotel, cosmetic, and catering industries.
- Advised large international companies on issues concerning licensing of trademarks, know-how, inventions and other intellectual property issues.
- Advised major international and Russian companies on issues of intellectual property protection in Russia.
- Participated in due diligence of Russian companies in manufacturing, publishing, software, telecom and other industries in connection with intellectual property.
- Advised major international clients on personal data protection issues and advertising.
- Russia (2009)
- St. Petersburg State University (LLM) (2011)
- St. Petersburg State University (LLB) (2009)
Baker & McKenzie - CIS, Limited is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.