Vadim Perevalov is a senior associate in Baker McKenzie's Moscow office and is a member of Information Technology & Communications and Intellectual Property practices. Vadim earned his Bachelor of Law and his Master of Law Degree in Commercial Law at the St. Petersburg State University, and was admitted to practice law in Russia in 2009. He currently serves as a member of the Russian Data Protection Authority’s Advisory Board.
Vadim focuses on privacy, Internet law, technology-related IP and a wide range of emerging IT regulatory issues.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised a client on the regulatory requirements of enabling mobile gadgets to make contactless payments and drafted the necessary legal documentation.
- Provided multijurisdictional regulatory advice to a virtual reality technology company in relation to the launch of production and sales of an augmented reality system and launch of related international app and content distribution platforms.
- Advised an IT products and services company on acquiring an automation platform from a private cross-platform technology company. Baker McKenzie was responsible for all Russia-related aspects of the transaction including due diligence review of Russian assets, assistance in negotiations, and certain post-transaction assistance.
- Advised a Swiss-based pharmaceutical company on its acquisition of a Russian pharmaceutical company engaged in marketing, sales and distribution of pharmaceuticals in the gynecology sector and for antithrombotic treatment.
- Provided IP portfolio management services for a transnational consumer goods company.
- Represented clients in IP transactional matters, handling multiple licensing and franchising projects in the hotel, cosmetic, and catering industries.
- Advised large international companies on issues concerning licensing of trademarks, know-how, inventions and other intellectual property issues.
- Advised major international and Russian companies on issues of intellectual property protection in Russia.
- Participated in due diligence of Russian companies in manufacturing, publishing, software, telecom and other industries in connection with intellectual property.
- Advised major international clients on personal data protection issues and advertising.
- Russia (2009)
- St. Petersburg State University (LLM) (2011)
- St. Petersburg State University (LLB) (2009)
Baker & McKenzie - CIS, Limited is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.