Anna Pavlova is an associate in the Moscow office of Baker McKenzie. She focuses on employment and migration law issues. Anna joined the Firm in August 2003 and became an associate in 2007.
Anna has contributed a number of articles on labor and migration law and has spoken at numerous conferences and seminars on labor and migration law.
Anna’s provides general employment advice, including drafting employment agreements, local normative acts and preparation of required HR documents. She advises on hiring and termination documentation for different categories of employees, workforce restructuring, staff redundancy, imposition of disciplinary sanctions, remuneration and bonus issues, and benefits and compensation provision.
Anna also covers general migration law and assists with the preparation of relevant migration documents. She also provides advice on various social partnerships issues.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised major multinational clients on different issues related to labor law, including mass redundancy procedure and transfer of employees to different localities.
- Drafted and reviewed employment agreements for different categories of employees, including the CEOs and foreign nationals.
- Advised major multinational clients on the implementation of global policies and adjusting the policies to Russian law requirements.
- Drafted and reviewed internal corporate rules and policies, job descriptions as well as other employment-related documents required under Russian law.
- Advised clients on termination of employment, including the termination of the CEOs and employees belonging to protected categories, and prepared and reviewed various employment termination documents.
- Advised major Russian and international companies on restructuring of employment, staff redundancy and imposition of disciplinary sanctions.
- Advised major multinational and Russian companies on various issues related to employment and termination of foreign nationals, prepared various schemes of foreign force involvement for work in Russia, including obtaining of relevant migration documents.
- Advised major multinational and Russian companies on various issues of migration legislation, including the issues related to the notification of double citizenship, permanent and temporary residence in Russia, obtaining of Russian citizenship and the relinquishment of Russian citizenship.
- Successful resolving of complicated migration cases which could entail the deportation of foreign national general directors.
- Advised a major international company on migration and employment issues related to structuring of the joint venture with a major Russian company.
- Russia (2007)
- Moscow State Law Academy (Diploma in Law) (2007)
- Moscow Pedagogical University (Linguistics Degree in English and German Languages) (2003)