Laura is an Associate in the Baker McKenzie Dispute Resolution team based in London and is an English qualified solicitor. Laura's practice focuses on commercial litigation, regulatory compliance and product liability related issues. She regularly advises companies on conducting investigations and satisfying regulatory requirements.
Laura joined the firm in January 2015. She trained in-house at French Connection PLC during which she had first hand experience in providing legal advice in a commercial context.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising a major global financial institution in connection with an internal investigation into breaches of systems and controls. Laura project managed a small spin-off investigation directly with the client's in-house legal team and drafted the necessary regulatory updates to be read out to the FCA/PRA.
- Acted for a FTSE 100 listed company in the EMI sector in relation to an investigation into allegations of bribery and corruption.
- Conducting an investigation on behalf of financial institution relating to misconduct of staff in managerial positions. The investigation objective was to determine whether disciplinary action was required.
- Acted for a large German bank in proceedings in the English Commercial Court that involved allegations of fraudulent misrepresentation and bribery. The 13 week trial was the largest heard in the Commercial Court that year.
- Acted for a global retailer in proceedings in the Business and Property Courts that involved allegations of anti-competition and breach of contract.
- Advising a household name company in relation to its product liability exposure in multiple jurisdictions.
- Advising product manufacturers and other supply chain entities on their day-to-day compliance matters.
- Managing a due diligence exercise which explored a food manufacturer's regulatory obligations with UK and EU Food law.
- Managing global recall process a household electrical company.
- Acting for a global distributor in a contract dispute which involved preparing and assisting on a mediation and advising on defamation and harassment issues.
- Advising a major Eurozone bank on the establishment of its UK branch and compliance with UK regulatory rules, including Senior Managers Regime.
Laura has been involved in a number of Pro Bono projects and acts as the Pro Bono Co-Ordinator for the Dispute Resolution team in London. In 2018 Laura acted as client contact for a research project exploring the juvenile justice system around the world. The finished work product was submitted to the World Congress for Juvenile Justice in 2019.
Laura manages a number of small pro-bono projects on an ongoing basis. This has included (i) assisting a national industry body in submitting evidence in an application to Intervene to the Court of Appeal, and (ii) advising a Board of Charity Trustees on a potential defamation claim.
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2015)
- University of Leeds (Legal Practice Course) (2012)
- University of Leeds (Graduate Diploma in Law) (2011)
- University of Leeds (Bachelor of Arts in History) (2009)