Alex's practice focuses on the tax aspects of corporate mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, reorganizations and other income tax and GST/HST tax planning in both the international and domestic context. He also represents clients in tax disputes with the Canada Revenue Agency and represents clients seeking legislative amendments from the Department of Finance.
Alex is a frequent speaker on international tax matters. He is the organizer of the International Tax Conference (co-sponsored by Baker McKenzie and Bloomberg BNA) that takes place in Toronto each year.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of Ontario - Member
- Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario - Member
- International Fiscal Association (Canadian branch) - Member of Council
- Canadian Tax Foundation - Member
- Ontario~Canada (1996)
- University of Western Ontario (LL.B.)
- University of Waterloo (Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics)