Donald’s practice covers a broad range of competition law issues in China, Hong Kong and throughout the Asia-Pacific, including competition investigations, competition litigation, competition related judicial review proceedings, merger control, competition audits, collaborations and joint ventures, abuse of dominance and general competition compliance.
Donald advises clients in a wide range of sectors including banking and finance, media and telecommunications, consumer goods, construction, oil and gas, automotive, real estates, transports and technology.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Canada Pension Plan Investment Board on the China merger clearance aspects of its establishment of a USD 1 billion industrial real estate product in South Korea with APG Asset Management NV and ESR Cayman Limited.
- Advised Lonza Group AG on the China merger clearance aspects of its USD 5.5 billion acquisition of Capsugel S.A..
- Advised Lonza Group AG on the China merger clearance aspects of its joint venture with Chr. Hansen Holding A/S in the area of biologics contract manufacturing services to the pharmaceutical sector.
- Advised General Electric Company on the China merger clearance aspects of its joint venture with Rosneft Oil Company in the area of industrial digital solutions to the oil & gas sector.
- Advised on various confidential Hong Kong Competition Commission investigations.
- Advised various multinational companies on possible leniency applications in China and Hong Kong.
- Advised a market leading company on possible leniency applications in a number of jurisdictions worldwide, including the EU, individual EU member states and Hong Kong.
- Advised on a confidential UK Competition and Markets Authority investigation.
- Advised a household name multinational company in the fast moving consumer goods sector in connection with a large-scale competition audit in multiple Asia-Pacific jurisdictions.
- Hong Kong (2011)
- Chinese University of Hong Kong (P.C.LL.) (2009)
- King's College London, UK (LL.B.) (2008)
- Co-author, "The Merger Control Review 10th edition" (Hong Kong chapters), The Law Reviews, 2019 and 2020
- Co-author, "The Cartels and Leniency Review 6th edition", The Law Reviews, 2017