Dr. Anja Palatzke is a member of Baker McKenzie's Antitrust & Competition Practice Group in Dusseldorf. Prior to joining Baker McKenzie in September 2015, she was a member of the antitrust and competition law team of a German law firm that focuses on competition and corporate law. Anja has completed a PhD thesis on European competition law.
Anja advises German and international clients on all aspects of European and German competition law, including merger control proceedings, cartel investigations, and cartel damage claims.
Representative Legal Matters
- Regularly advises a leading German automotive manufacturer in relation to antitrust and compliance matters worldwide.
- Regularly advises a leading Swiss manufacturer of specialty chemicals in multijurisdictional merger control proceedings.
- Regularly advises a leading supplier of rail vehicle components in multijurisdictional merger control proceedings.
- Advises companies from the food industries in relation to follow-on cartel damage claims arising from the German sugar cartel.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Dusseldorf Bar Association - Member
- German Association of Antitrust Lawyers - Member
- German French Lawyers Association (DFJ) - Member
- Germany (2013)
- Higher Regional Court of Frankfurt (Assessor Exam) (2013)
- University of Konstanz (Dr. jur.) (2011)
- University of Konstanz (Referendar Exam) (2009)
- University Jean Moulin Lyon III (DEUF) (2007)
Co-author, "Vergaberechtliche Selbstreinigung nach Kartellverstoß - alle Fragen geklärt oder weiterhin alles offen? - Anmerkung zu EuGH C-124/17 (Vossloh Laeis ./. Stadtwerke München), NZKart 2019, 83
Co-author, "Dilemma zwischen vergaberechtlicher Selbstreinigung und Kartellschadenersatz - Anmerkung zum Vorlagebeschluss der VK Südbayern vom 7.3.2017," NZKart 2017, 358
Co-author, "Speed - but Complete" - Kommentar zu EuGH C-428/14 (DHL ./. AGCM), Compliance-Berater 2016, 88
Co-author, "Bußgeld, Verurteilung, Schadenersatz - das Vergaberecht als vierte Sanktion für Kartellanten?," NZKart 2015, 470
Author, "Nachfragemacht im Kartellrecht - Bewährungsprobe für den More Economic Approach," 2012