Representative Legal Matters
Represented Alloc which successfully obtained a jury verdict of non-infringement and invalidity of all asserted patent claims on multiple grounds.
Represented SCS in obtaining the first reported summary judgment of invalidity for obviousness under the Supreme Court's KSR v. Teleflex decision.
Represented MBT against a Korean manufacturer of certain comfort shoes in the USITC, resulting in a settlement following a denial of motion for summary determination of non-infringement.
Represented one of the largest wireless telephone service providers in patent infringement cases under complex joint defense arrangements.
Counseled and represented various manufacturers of wireless telecommunications equipment and LCD products in numerous patent license negotiations and settlement discussions.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association
- U.S. District Court, Colorado~United States (2013)
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin~United States (2007)
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California~United States (1998)
- Supreme Court of California~United States (1998)
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California~United States (1998)
- California~United States (1998)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California~United States (1998)
- Duke University School of Law (J.D.) (1997)
- Duke University School of Law (LL.M. Comparative Law) (1997)
- Duke University (B.S. Engineering) (1994)
- Washington, DC