John Paek is a partner in Baker McKenzie’s Palo Alto office and a member of the Firm’s Tax Practice Group with a focus on state and local tax matters. He joined Baker McKenzie in New York in 2007 and transitioned to Palo Alto in 2014. Prior to joining Baker McKenzie, he was a tax manager at a Big 4 accounting firm and an associate at a prominent law firm in Boston. His accounting firm experience included a rotation through that firm’s national tax office in Washington, DC.
Mr. Paek is a member of the Firm’s Global VAT/Indirect Tax Steering Committee and is an editor of and regular contributor to the Firm’s North American Tax Practice Group Newsletter. Mr. Paek has also previously written articles for publications such as State Tax Today and Bloomberg BNA. He frequently presents at various state tax conferences across the US.
- California~United States (2015)
- New York~United States (2008)
- Massachusetts~United States (2007)
- Georgia~United States (2000)
- Boston University (LL.M. Taxation) (2008)
- Georgetown University Law Center (J.D.) (2000)
- Georgia State University (B.A. magna cum laude) (1997)
- New York