Wouter Paardekooper is a partner in Baker McKenzie’s International Tax team in Amsterdam. As a qualified tax advisor (member of the NOB) and attorney-at-law, he specializes in direct taxes. He focuses on rendering tax advice to multinationals, particularly in relation to tax policy (BEPS), tax risk management, and tax and legal aspects of M&A and financing transactions. He regularly speaks at international seminars, courses and conferences. Since 20 May 2015, Wouter serves as the president of the American Chamber of Commerce in the Netherlands, representing US businesses in the Netherlands and all companies involved in transatlantic trade.
Wouter Paardekooper’s practice focuses on international direct tax law. His main areas of practice include tax and legal aspects of mergers and acquisitions, international post-merger and post-acquisition consolidations, and supply chain change management.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acted as tax coordinator in Europe in connection with the consolidation of the European operations of three US publicly-listed companies.
- Coordinated the European post-acquisition integration of various groups of companies that were acquired by a Canadian-listed company.
- Assisted a UK-based client with the sale of a joint venture interest with a value in excess of GBP 1 billion.
- Advised a Canadian-based client on a merger of one of its business divisions with a US-based company.
- Acquisition of Dutch public company by US acquisition (USD 4.4bn).
Professional Associations and Memberships
- International Fiscal Association
- Organization of Dutch Tax Advisors - Board Member
- Amsterdam~Netherlands (1992)
- Tilburg University (1990)
Baker & McKenzie Amsterdam N.V. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.