Fusako Otsuka has extensive experience advising Japanese companies and banks on finance matters in the domestic and international markets. She has assisted in numerous financing deals, including securitization and non-recourse loans backed by assets such as corporate loan receivables, card receivables and housing loan receivables. PLC Which Lawyer? Yearbook 2009 highly recommends her in the area of banking and finance. Ms. Otsuka was a lecturer at the "Securitization of Real Estate" seminar hosted by the Japanese Association of Real Estate Appraisal. Prior to joining the Firm in 2001, she practiced with AOKI & Partners.
Ms. Otsuka focuses her practice on finance, securitization, banking and general corporate law matters. She routinely advises on issues involving offerings and sales of securities, including the establishment of MTN programs and issuance of ADRs, as well as various types of loans, such as subordinated loans and revolving loans. Ms. Otsuka acts for arrangers, lenders, originators, trust banks and bonds management banks. She also advises Japanese securities companies on due diligence and risk factors related to the listing of shares on the Mothers market and other stock markets.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised a Japanese company on its role as an issuer of convertible bonds in the euro capital market.
- Advised Japanese clients, banks, trust companies and securities companies on the securitization of auto loan receivables, lease receivables, housing loan receivables and corporate loan receivables.
- Advised Japanese banks on their roles as lenders of non-recourse loans.
- Advised a Japanese bank on its role as an arranger of the establishment of an ABCP program.
- Advised major Japanese companies and their overseas subsidiaries on the establishment of MTN programs.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Dai-ichi Tokyo Bar Association
- Japan (1983)
- Queen Mary College (1988)
- Keio University (Master's Degree Law) (1973)
- Keio University (LL.B.) (1970)