Juan Guillermo has advised and represented domestic and foreign companies in dispute resolution matters for more than 15 years. His clients include companies in the pharmaceutical and oil sectors. Juan Guillermo worked at national and international firms before joining Baker McKenzie.
Juan Guillermo has experience in civil, commercial and administrative litigation, as well as investment and international commercial arbitration.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented a subsidiary of a major British company in a dispute submitted to international arbitration, arising out of a breach of obligations under a stock purchase agreement.
- Represented a French multinational company in a dispute submitted to international arbitration in the City of New York, in connection with a breach of obligations under an agreement for the purchase of stock of a Colombian company.
- Represented Finosca S.A.S. (a company owned by Total) in a class action to claim compensation for alleged damages caused by an oil spill in July 2014.
- Represented Ferring International Center S.A. in a legal proceeding commenced by a domestic company after termination of a distribution agreement worth USD 50 million.
- Represented a Brazilian aerospace company in a legal proceeding where plaintiff claimed damages arising from the termination of an alleged agency agreement for the sale and promotion of Embraer aircrafts and spare parts in Colombia
- Represented an international tobacco group in a legal proceeding commenced by a former distributor who alleged the existence of an agency agreement, and claimed payment of damages and all amounts owed to an agent upon termination of the agreement.
- Represented a major US company in the security and aeronautics sector in all procedures related to the performance of a multimillion agreement for the installation of radars in Colombia, and provided advice and representation in administrative sanction proceedings before public entities.
- Represented Louis Berger Group in several legal proceedings arising from the performance of a state contract for the audit of contracts financed with royalty income.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- ICDR Young & International - Member
- International Chamber of Commerce in Paris, Electronic Commerce Subcommittee - Member
- Colombia (2002)
- University of Paris II (Pantheon-Assas) (Specialization Public Law) (2007)
- University of Paris II (Pantheon-Assas) (Specialization Administrative Law) (2006)
- University del Rosario (Law Degree) (2002)