Olga Ostrovsky is an associate in the Baker McKenzie Dispute Resolution team based in London. Olga has a broad commercial practice with a focus on commercial litigation and international arbitration. She has experience acting in a range of complex, cross-border disputes in diverse sectors. Prior to joining Baker McKenzie, Olga worked at leading dispute resolution firms in London and New Zealand and undertook a clerkship at the Supreme Court of New Zealand.
Commercial Litigation, International Arbitration and Dispute Resolution
Representative Legal Matters
Prior to joining Baker McKenzie Olga's experience included:
- Acting for a financial institution against a State in ICSID proceedings involving allegations of bribery and corruption and breach of local and EU financial laws and regulations.
- Acting for a mining company in an ICC arbitration seated in London arising out of allegations of wrongful termination of contract.
- Acting for a group of international funds in proceedings against a Turkish construction company and its directors in the Commercial Court for misrepresentation and deceit following a failed financial restructuring.
- Acting for an individual and his company following the termination of a joint venture in the Circuit Commercial Court.
- Acting for a tertiary institution in High Court proceedings in New Zealand against two government departments in an action for defamation.
- Acting for a lawyer defending a professional negligence claim brought by a former client in High Court proceedings in New Zealand.
- Acting for an accountant firm defending a professional negligence claim in High Court proceedings in New Zealand.
- Acting for insurers in High Court proceedings and mediations defending claims brought by insured homeowners under insurance policies following major earthquakes in New Zealand.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New Zealand Law Society
- LCIA Young International Arbitration Group
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an English partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.