Patricia has extensive background in civil law, legal entities, as well as of civil notarial law and registry law. She has extensively advised any type of legal characters and non-profit organizations, associations, foundations, universities and educational institutions, social clubs including advice on all operations of these entities.
Patricia also has experience in inheritance and related matters, including succession planning. Further, she has experience in international technical and financial cooperation matters, advising local and foreign NGO (ENIEX), governmental agencies and international organizations.
Patricia actively participates as speaker in local and international conferences in matters related to her expertise.
Representative Legal Matters
Acted as lawyer of leading universities in Peru, providing advice on aspects of the new University Act, adjustments of By-laws, and in general all legal aspects related to their function and operation, according to the legal type of legal character, among others.
Provided advice on changing partners of Instituto de Formacion Bancaria (IFB). Overall, several advises in operations of associations, considering its special rules and quality of non-profit entities.
Provided legal advice to the main associations, ENIEX and NGOs in Peru and was involved in the process of implementing the electronic cash system promoted by Centro de Estudios Financieros CEFI of Asociacion de Bancos del Peru.
- Advised CONITE on the arbitration process against Luz del Sur S.A., in connection with a tax stability agreement.
Advised the Ministry of Industry on the formation and implementation of Small business project.
Participated in the incorporation of many EDPYMEs advising them in commercial and financial matters.
Provided legal advice to the Peruvian Government through the FONDEPES of the Ministry of Production, in the implementation and financing of the Project of the "Fishing Dock of Talara" with funds donated by the Japanese Government. This advice included constitutional matters regarding international treaties, the designing of the project, the preparation of international agreements, the analysis of the tax consequences of the transaction, the importation of tax-free goods, among others.
Led the team that provided legal advise to COFIDE in the implementation, incorporation and management of Management Trust of the Assets and Liabilities of Empresa Agroindustrial Cayalti S.A.A (2003), designing the business model of the trust used and the assisting in the implementation. This included the assistance in the assignment of rights of the shares of the company to COFIDE and in general the preparation of several commercial and financial agreements.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Lima Bar Association
- Lima~Peru (2002)
- Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú (Law Degree) (2001)
- Author, “Supervising the Supervisor. On the Faculties of supervision and control of the APCI,” Legal Express Magazine No. 73, by Gaceta Jurídica. 2007
- Author, “ONGD in Peru,” In Teaching Materials, of the subject of Legal Entities, in Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú, 2005
- “Conceptualization of International Technical Cooperation regarding the right to development,” In Teaching Materials, of the subject of Legal Entities, in Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú, 2005
- “Non-corporate legal entities and the Public Records,” Extensive article written with Dr. Javier de Belaunde about the new Registry Regulation of Non-corporate legal entities, published in JUS Legislation Magazine, April 200