Uldarico has a solid background in corporate and transactional law. His practice is focused on mergers and acquisitions (M&A), predominantly in Latin America.
Uldarico has participated in several acquisitions and sales of companies, assets and equity interests, as well as in corporate reorganizations, investment operations, takeovers and commercial transactions in different industries. He also has experience in financing transactions, including acquisition finance, which permits him to provide fulsome advice to transactional clients.
Uldarico makes a material difference to our practice and plays an active role both in handling transactions and in mentoring junior associates. He brings to the table considerable knowledge of US law, having recently passed the New York Bar Examination and spent time working within the Latin America transactional group at Baker McKenzie New York.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised a private equity fund focused on climate change mitigation on its investment for a 50% equity stake in a Peruvian company developing an energy project in the region of Junín.
- Advised the minority shareholders of AdCap Asset Management Sociedad Administradora de Fondos and AdCap Securities Sociedad Agente de Bolsa on the acquisition, directly and indirectly, of 100% of the issued shares in such companies from Advanced Capital International Ltd., an investment bank operating in South America.
- Advised a family office on the sale of 100% of the shares issued by an extreme sport clothes and accessories Peruvian retailer.
- Advised Ergon Peru S.A.C. on its US$222 million private placement of green bonds due 2034 to refinance a loan and install solar panels in around 200,000 rural homes in Peru.
- Advised BTS Torres, a subsidiary of BTS Towers, on its US$26.1 million loan from Overseas Private Investment Corporation (OPIC).
- Advised Celistics Epayment S.L., an intelligent logistics company, on its acquisition, through a Peruvian subsidiary, of a 60% equity stake in Red Digital del Peru, a Peruvian company that owns a platform that integrates digital products.
- Advised The Nielsen Company (US), LLC, a subsidiary of Nielsen Holdings (NYSE: NLSN), on its acquisition of CCR’s retail measurement services business line in Peru, Bolivia and Chile through its local subsidiaries.
- Advised Warburg Pincus on its acquisition of Qualifacts, one of the largest software-as-a-service electronic health record systems providers.
- Advised MicroVest on the sale of its minority stake in Edpyme Alternativa, a Peruvian microfinancing company.
- Advised a syndicate of banks on a US$110 million loan to Pesquera Exalmar S.A.A., a leading Peruvian fishing company.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Lima Bar Association, 2014.
- ADV. Editores - A non-for-profit organization which publishes Advocatus Law Review.
- Peru (2014)
- Columbia Law School (LL.M., Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar) (2017)
- Universidad de Lima (Law Degree, summa cum laude) (2013)