Uldarico Ossio is an associate in Baker McKenzie’s New York office. His practice is mainly focused on acquisitions and sales of corporations, assets and stock participants, having advised both buyer and seller sides. He started as an associate at Estudio Echecopar in 2013 before moving to the Firm’s New York office in 2017 Uldarico is currently an associate of ADV Editores, a non-profit organization which publishes the Advocatus Law Review.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised AgroVision, a US agricultural operation with significant investments in the irrigation project of Olmos in the north of Peru in its secured financings with Metropolitan Life Insurance. Olmos is a major development irrigation project designed to support the development in the northern region of Peru.
- Advised Kaizen Discovery in its acquisition of an equity package representing 100% of the capital stock of Canper Exploraciones, holder of Pinaya Copper-Gold Project in Peru’s provinces of Caylloma and Lampa, from AM Gold.
- Advised Grupo Security, through its Peruvian subsidiary Inversiones Security Perú, a subsidiary of Vida Security, in its acquisition of 61% of the insurance company Protecta S.A. Compañía de Seguros.
- Advised Azteca Comunicaciones Peru in the financing of a fiber optic network concession project in Peru with senior secured variable funding notes in the amount of USD237.7 million.
- Advised Citibank del Perú in relation to the syndicated loan amounting to USD 249 million granted to Corporacion Primax.
- Advised a private equity office on the acquisition from the Abraaj Group of a relevant equity package in Iasacorp International S.A., a leading men, women and children clothes and accessories retailer.
- International project finance for the Constancia project from Hudbay Peru S.A.C., for approximately USD150 million.
- Advised Da La Long Holdings in its acquisition of an equity package representing 100% of the capital stock of Servicios Generales LID.
- Advised Banco Internacional del Perú - Interbank on its international issuance of USD 300 million global notes, under Rule 144A and Regulation S.
- Advised the purchaser on its acquisition of a majority interest in a holding company which owns a chain of home improvement stores.
- Advised the purchaser on its acquisition of a minority interest in an industrial company leader of the ceramics business in Peru.
- Assisted the investor on the acquisition of a minority interest and commitment to make additional capitalizations in a hydroelectric company.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Lima Bar Association
- ADV. Editores
- Peru (2014)
- Columbia University School of Law (LLM) (2017)
- Universidad de Lima (Law Degree summa cum laude) (2014)
- Universidad de Salamanca Spain (Special Exchange Program) (2011)