Representative Legal Matters
- Advised a Singapore-based renewable energy-dedicated fund on various equity investments.
- Advised a development finance institution on number of strategic investments in sectors including banking, finance, agribusiness, education and energy.
- Advised a Japanese trading house on strategic investments in the education, agribusiness, technology and retail sectors.
- Advised a leading European insurer, on the establishment of a life and non-life joint venture insurance provider
- Assisted Vietnamese developers on several joint venture real estate developments with foreign partners.
- Advised a China-based private equity fund on the acquisition of an equity stake in the largest private sector mobile phone retailer in Vietnam
- Advised a Vietnamese children's entertainment platform on the issuance of Series A preferred equity to a private equity fund.
- Advised a global US based investment company on a Thai residential real estate investment, including off-shore joint venture arrangements, and a mixed use development in Ho Chi Minh City.
- Advised a Hong Kong based private equity fund management company on its joint venture development of a significant mixed use development in a new urban area of Ho Chi Minh City.
- Advised global education providers on the acquisition and development of land for school campuses, including built to suit arrangements.
*Includes matters handled prior to joining Baker McKenzie. All deals in Vietnam unless otherwise stated.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- British Chambers of Commerce, Vietnam
A strong believer in pro bono, Eddie has participated in a number of initiatives in Vietnam and on a regional level to assist in the fight against slavery and human trafficking.
- England & Wales (Solicitor) (2003)
- University of Manchester (LLB Hons)
- University of Sussex (LLM)