Antonio Ortúzar, Sr. represents international and Chilean clients in several complex disputes. He is on the list of arbitrators of the Arbitration and Mediation Centre of the Santiago Chamber of Commerce (CAM Santiago). Mr. Ortuzar likewise serves as arbitrator from the Centro Nacional de Arbitraje (CNA). He is author to "The Leasing Agreement" and is co-author to the Chilean chapter of Getting the Deal Through - Private Antitrust Litigation 2009.
Mr. Ortuzar has worked on numerous litigation and arbitration cases, and routinely represents international and Chilean clients in complex disputes involving antitrust, commercial law, insolvency and bankruptcy matters.
Representative Legal Matters
- Successfully represented Brother against the claim of predatory pricing brought by a Chilean competitor.
- Represented Whirlpool in the successful dismissal of a dumping accusation brought against it by several Chilean competitors.
- Successfully represented Comverse against the claim brought by a former distributor alleging an attempted monopolization before the Chilean Antitrust Court.
- Represented Cencosud in its successful claim against the vertical restraints imposed by a competitor with the intention to boycott the operation of anchor stores in the shopping malls developed by Cencosud.
- Advise on the antitrust implications of a key multimillion dollar public bid for a Chilean pension fund.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Chilean Bar Association
- Chile (1955)
- University of Chilé (LL.B.) (1955)